Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Getting Back in the Game


It’s been exactly three weeks since I flew home from France following the finish of the VELUX 5 Oceans race. I’ve enjoyed some time at home with my family and nearly conquered the simple, yet extraordinary, task of building a tree house in the backyard. All is well and I have actually had time to sleep and recover a bit.

It is time to get my head back in the game. I’m currently headed to Boston (again via plane) to the Harbor Fest event featuring the Extreme 40 circuit and their first event here in the USA. I am looking forward to connecting with the Extreme 40 crowd, many who have travelled from all corners of the world to be here. Tomorrow is Opening Day and I’ll be participating in a variety of events, most notably getting on one of these bobsleds to sail as the 5th man. This should be fun! I’m going in with very little knowledge of the whole scene: tight, city-front racing on extreme 40 foot multihulls. It will be an entirely different type of sailing circus with spectators and media lining the docks! This has been very successful in Europe and it will be exciting to see how Boston engages in the event. I will definitely report back via blog with some news and photos. Thanks for keeping up with my activities and stay tuned at www.oceanracing.org.

Cheers,
Brad

1 comment: