Monday, April 18, 2011

Headed for Home

It’s the night before I finish ocean sprint 4 of the VELUX 5 Oceans race. This leg has been trying and unpredictable, with the wild thunderstorms and flying fish off Brazil and the unreliable weather reports which make for hard decision making in any scenario. The weather that came through Charleston Race Week on Saturday and canceled that day of racing, has since moved north up to North Carolina leaving a void of weird weather that the computer models can’t seem to figure out. It was very frustrating for a while, but I am finally in some breeze and truckin’ along.


As of right now it looks like I may cross the line at around 0900 local time on Tuesday. It will be so great to be home! I look forward to my kids, my wife, my bed, fresh food and a cold beverage. Thanks to all those sponsors and supporters… old and new that have kept us strong throughout this race. Welcome to the South Carolina Ports Authority as a new sponsor!

See you in Charleston soon. Cheers,

Brad

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brad:
    I wrote you few days ago about the flag, the Britishers and other things. Today, very close to finish line, it can be that these words seem to be a bit ridiculous, but my intention was the spirit to get up.
    Congratulations! You are a great sailor!
    Ricardo from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad----congrats on an amazing race ---and I agree - you are one GREAT sailor! You're almost home, and I know you'll be SUPER glad to BE home!! Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete